Years of Protest
After I signed a petition over 5 years ago now, I never expected to hear that NYC would even consider turning the roads in Central Park back to pedestrians, but the city’s now moving in the right direction, if not at the most salubrious hours for park-goers, who have gotten in trouble there no matter how fast they may have been moving in the hours under discussion. Even if we were still living there, I wouldn’t be getting up before 7 a.m. for a run, neither would I go out after 7 p.m. even in summer. Too lazy, I guess. Nevertheless, after last night’s experience in Homebush, with the Nike 10K course full of switchbacks and bottlenecks, knowing that there might be open lanes in Central Park would be tempting. Keep the momentum up, and maybe in 20 years the park will be returned to the people who really use it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment