Season's Entertainment
As soon as Christmas was past, M. & I headed up to Darlinghurst to Govindas (the best entertainment bargain in all Sydney, and very comfy) for The Devil Wears Prada, which was terrifically entertaining. It had one of the very best performances I've ever seen from Meryl Streep, so much so that even though I didn't believe the ending, in any of its particulars, I really didn't care. As much as I enjoyed Andy's narrative arc, I watched it for Miranda Priestly. What a character. See this movie soon.
(Oh, and I do wish the Hare Krishnas would upgrade their projection equipment; the reel change-overs were pretty jumpy, and a little distracting, although not as bad as the group of twenty who came in thinking the whole place was just like their lounge room. I blame DVD's, myself.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, you should just be grateful that they don't gad about the place in those orange robes and serve up mushy lentils in horrible fragrant slops. It's a fun night now that they put on a movie and serve decent vegetarian food.
Post a Comment