02 October 2007

Structural Investigations
What fun pets are. Over the weekend I ended up with Police Rescue attending my home, extracting Felix from the crawlspace under the house. In the end, I suppose I could have managed it myself, but it would have had to wait for me to buy a couple of new tools at the hardware store, leaving poor pussy down the well overnight. As it was, his plaintive, but-I'm-hungry meowing was more than I could stand. I'll get the tools anyway, because I have no idea where he gained access, so he's pretty sure to get stuck down there again.

I did get a fairly good look at the underlying structure of the row of terrace houses; there's a lot more room under there than I would have thought. Basically, it seems that if you can get in under one, you can get in under the whole row. Nice, if you want to attempt underground burglery, although ultimately access would depend on the renovations to the interior that may have been conducted and whether there's any furniture in the way. I've got a thousand-pound t.v. in front of the access panel under the stairs (or that's what it felt like moving it around), so I feel pretty safe.

The cops were very nice about it, probably because it was an operation that didn't involve blood or trauma, and, after all, he's a very handsome cat.

4 comments:

Bill said...

I'll bet there are all kinds of horrible spiders down there.

Greg said...

I expect so. The next day I found the front half of a dessicated funnelweb out in the garden. I shudder to think.

Andrea said...

The concept of underground burglary is strangely appealing. Maybe all that has stood between me and a life of crime has been the lack of an appropriate specialty. Oh wait...spiders! Eeewww!

Greg said...

There's an episode of Buffy like that. Sort of.