Weather Wars
John Howard is a known climate change sceptic, but is promising AU$75 million for the development of renewable energy technology. Meanwhile, Kevin Rudd, who says he’ll sign on to Kyoto if Labor takes government in November, is promising AU$489 million for solar panels in schools, at AU$20,000 per school. I’d kind of like to see the numbers switched. Even if we take the number of schools as 24,450 (489 million divided by 20,000), AU$75 million would provide just over AU$3,000 per school. If this was added to the existing rebate scheme, it would make up about half the cost of a fairly large installation. O.k., not really enough, but I’ll bet selling a few candy bars would make up the rest. Around where I work, it seems like they’re always on sale.
26 October 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Robbie: I don't even know your last name.
Glenn: It's Guglia.
Robbie: Guglia? Oh, so Julia's last name's gonna be Guglia. Julia Guglia! That's funny!
That was a funny movie. "Take off my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up."
Candy bars, candy bars. Are you getting fat?
Post a Comment