29 January 2008

Advancing
The Australia Day long weekend is over, notable for some fine hot weather, if not for India wiping us out in cricket, a tennis grand slam with neither of the Williams sisters nor Roger Federer, and some Country-Western singer being named "Australian of the year". Nothing like a three-day weekend, with nothing to look forward to for the rest of the summer, and I never even made it to the beach or a movie. I confess to having some lamb, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read in today's NY Times
(Sunday, Feb 3)the very disheartening news that Obama has, as large financial contributors to his campaign, the Nuclear Power Industry and it's corporate heads.

THIS may be one of the reasons global warming and the rest of the environmental issues are not being stressed by press or candidates as commentator Adrian has wondered.

Addressing the ways in which nuclear waste has NOT been even mentioned except to fight on and on about Yucca Mountain seems to be the black hole on environmental questions.

As for having a hot, summer day with nothing to do...how nice!