Return to Redfern
The renovation of the Redfern oval is complete, or nearly, if the lack of a scoreboard or even a clock within view of the grandstand is any indication (and it may not be; I'm not privy to the specifications), and today the Mighty Rabbitohs hosted Wests Tigers in a "friendly." The grounds are very nice, even if the conditions were a little too Australian-Open to suit a rubgy match, although the services on offer were meager. Well, you go for the football, don't you, not the hot dogs and meat pies.
Anyway, they staged a "legends" match, a face-off between squads from the two teams of long-retired players, which was entertaining and played in high-spirited good nature. Unfortunately, for Souths, that was about the end of anything positive, as the Bunnies staged one of their fairly typical almost-come-from-behind defeats. Leading late in the game, they gave up two tries to see the match end in the Tigers' favor, 30-26. Even a couple of minutes extended play didn't save them.
Welcome home, boys. See you out in Homebush in a month or two, and maybe it'll get better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, yeah. Meat pies. I never did get one of those...and I think I'd have liked them. Are they sort of like the "pasties" that the shepherds in England used to put in their pockets to take for lunch? I've had those and they are good.
Sorry the Rabbitohs are sorry.
We restorate houses In Maryland,US.
Centre / Exterior remodelings,
suitable prices,license,
references,photos,free estimates,
also take houses to renew:
http://www.renewhouse4u.com.
Mobile:410-978-7981.
Thanks.
Post a Comment