Satisfying Close to Running Season
1:56 by my watch, 2:09 on the clock at the finish. The discrepancy is due to starting well after the gun. I got to the start at about 6, but found getting up at 4:30 for breakfast etc. hadn't actually relieved me of the need to relieve myself, and there seemed to be far fewer facilities and far more people queued up to use them than last year. The family of four small children ahead of me should have been my first clue I was in the wrong line, but these things happen. Anyway, I felt pretty good throughout, sucking down energy gels every 5-6 kilometers, and only walking a little all up. So I'll go with my watch for now - an SMS should arrive shortly to provide the official time.
As for running season, there is a race on November 8, but with spring commencing in the next week or so, the hotter weather is going to seriously reduce how much time I'm inclined to spend outdoors actively seeking to sweat.
Update: 1:57:28, official. Still good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Very good. Anything under 2:00 is great stuff.
So, instead of sweating type activities, what will you be doing to keep in the great shape you are?
Post a Comment