05 October 2009

Holiday Tourism
I thought this morning would be nice to take the walk along the foreshore extending from the Spit Bridge to Manly, with a leisurely ferry ride home after lunch at the beach, but only one bus runs that route on Sundays and public holidays, and it doesn't stop at the Spit. So I ended up wandering off to Darling Harbour, thinking that those food stalls I'd seen on a previous visit might be open. They were, as it turns out, and they were showcasing food from various Spanish-speaking countries, including one of my favourites, the Cuban Sandwich. Not the best, perhaps, but fresh, authentic, still yum.

Because I'd actually planned to play tourist, for once I had my camera with me, although Darling Harbour and the Pyrmont environs are not so particularly splendid for anything more than touristy shots. The light was very good, however, and I got a couple I like enough to stick up here.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Our " Bridge look so fine.

Lovely Spring weather obviously inspires you while lovely Fall weather depresses me. Of course today is cold and rainy but it has been just lovely, cool but not cold, sunny but not the beating down on you kind of sun. the trees are all at the dusty, deep green shade stage that will precede the turning (we don't get a lot of vivid color here) to oranges, yellow and brown. We can count on lots of raking up to do very soon now. I've never minded that particulr chore and now that I know the big tarp trick to it, it's done in an easy morning's work.

It's not the Autumn itself that makes me sad. It's knowing that winter is not far behind and I hate being cold. Oh, well. I'll just bundle up.