20 June 2010

Like the Sound of Enormous Bees Right Up in Your Face
I've tried to watch the world cup. I got home from the game late last night so stayed up for the Socceroos, but I can't stand the constant drone of the vuvuzelas. I know it's part of the experience of a game in South Africa (although I'll bet it's nothing like this bad normally), but surely television broadcasters have the technology to eliminate it? Even live games are digital, so it seems hard to accept that they wouldn't be able to introduce some sort of noise-cancellation filter in place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We haven't had a chance to watch any but the first US/vs Britain which was amazing.

We haven't even had much chance to watch Wimbledon but we did catch the second episode of the on-going Isner/Mahot match. We'll find time to watch the wind up tomorrow come what may.