15 June 2012

Mileage Cancer Council NSW has a one-mile race each year as a fund-raiser, the City Mile Dash, over by Darling Harbour. I didn’t manage to get much money together, although the rest of the team at work did a terrific job (we finished as the top third team), but as much as I’m happy to contribute, it was the race I was interested in, reliving glory days of the Fifth Avenue Mile, back in NYC. (At least this one has no association with that crazy birther dude.) I haven’t run a race like this in a long time and was badly undertrained even for the races I usually participate in, so a 7:29 finish was entirely satisfactory, especially for the oldest participant on our team. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Next year . . . .

1 comment:

Bill said...

That's a respectable mile. It's been seven or eight years since I did a mile and I was amazed at how like a sprint it was. I was flat out, and it was hard.

Was this point to point, or on a track?