Less and Less to Drink
It’s been raining all week, and the Parramatta River has been up well over its banks overnight, and the smell of mud permeates the air. Up north, the Bellinger River has been up 8 metres, cutting father-in-law off from the rest of the state. For all the rain Sydney’s only seen enough fall in the catchments for a week’s more water than it had before. If the rainy season persists, I suppose we might yet see the next stage of water restrictions later than sooner, but I expect we’ll see them anyway just the same. I’m about ready for a couple of days’ break, even if I do recognize how much we need the wet. And with Australia coming in high on the list of countries with a large ecological footprint, we’re going to have to work very hard indeed to do more with less, or there will be little to work with at all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment