The Solid Gold Weblog
This is the winner of Smartyhost’s AU$10,000 “best weblog” contest. No doubt the starving artist spending her days and nights recording bridge noises wherever she goes can use the money. (Me, too.) I won’t quibble over it’s ‘bloggishness (although it isn’t and doesn’t even really contain one among the various pages at the site, with the arguable exception of the “travel diary”), but “best”? There are better. I suppose I’m mostly annoyed because I didn’t even get an invite, as others did, only hearing about it at the last minute reading the Icon section of the SMH. Look, I know the only people reading this are family, a few friends, and people looking for puzzles (and sometimes the words to some Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young song – I’m not even getting all that upskirt traffic I’d been expecting since the movie), but c’mon, I’m almost Australian and I’m running a ‘blog. Surely I should be eligible, too? Maybe next year. I’ll have to work on providing more of that cross-cultural content, though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment