21 June 2007

The Cheese Factor
Please: Celine Dion? That’s what Hillary’s campaign theme song’s going to be? “You and I”? A Canadian? A cheesy Canadian? A strident, cheesy, Vegas-act Canadian? Celine freakin’ Dion? Yes, my mind reels so thoroughly that no analysis is possible, no coherent commentary. I’m freakin’ out, man. And the video clip, aired on the news here last night, complete with Sopranos comparison clips, how cheesy was that? And is there any synergy between HBO gangsters, Celine Dion, and running for President? Oh, I can hear the moonbats already. O.k., so the Dixie Chicks would have – maybe – been a problem, due to their “we’re ashamed to be from Texas” crack about Bush a couple of years ago, and the Smashmouth song is a cover of a Monkee’s number and probably just a little too obvious. I’ll have to go back to my Temptations compilation CD and listen to “Get Ready”, but that has to have been a better choice – Motown, after all, so it could grab off some African-American soul cred from Obama (whose only song so far is the one some fan put up doing a Marilyn Monroe-style tribute). Oh, I’m voting Edwards for sure, now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what's the matter with a Vegas act?

Anonymous said...

My, that IS disappointing.