16 January 2008

Ballot Initiative
My primary ballot has gone out and should arrive in time to be counted for “Super Tuesday.” I was intrigued to see that not all the candidates were present, and that the convention delegates were “committed” to either Clinton or Obama, with none listed for Edwards, Richardson, Kucinich, or Biden. Not that I think any of the latter three have a chance, and it’s looking a lot like Edwards will soon be done, too. My guess is that the Republicans will come down to Romney and Huckabee, maybe Giuliani, but McCain, for all his popular appeal, might just as well head off with Thompson and Paul now. What happens at the conventions thereafter is still hard to prognosticate, although I’ll happily vote for either the first female President or the first African-American against whatever GOP candidate ends up taking the nomination. If I have to guess, I’ll say it’ll be Romney. Huckabee may not be a Mormon, but he’s still a nut, with a bad Presidential name (too much like a bad movie, too), and Giuliani, in addition to being a bully with nothing to say that isn’t belligerent, is far too bald (although thank God he’s stopped with the comb-over).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But who do you think will end up leading the Dems between the two, or is no one game to call that yet?

Anonymous said...

don't count McCain out. He may take his half of this thing. as for whether it will be Hillary or Obama, it's too close to call but I'm still rooting for Hillary.

Absurdly, it may all come down to which of them makes some truly irrelevent faux pas that the press and pundits will climb all over themselves to blow out of proportion as happened with Dean.

Meanwhile, Hillary continues to try to inject substance into this quadrennial personality contest. the whole thing is too long and too expensive and too beside the point. No wonder our country is on the down slope of history.