06 February 2008

Yesterday's Voting
Still underway, back in the podes (and pending here in the antipodes), and I don't know much about delegate allocations, within or between the states, but here's a prediction anyway: even pending California, the Obama/Clinton match-up will continue all the way to the national convention, but McCain will lock up the Repugs. What I'm really interested in now is, who are the possible VP's? You wouldn't think it's a job that has much push, but when it comes to the general election, it seems to count for a lot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some veeps are more influential than others. Gore and Cheney come readily to mind. Others disappear without a trace. The important thing is to keep the possibility of the death of a president happening and the veep- nonentity or not-getting the job.

The nominating conventions in some years were as exciting as this year's Super bowl. One I remember staying up half the night keepin my own tally sheet of delegates. Funny. I don't remember which one. Tells you how easily we slip into paying more attention to the process than to the issues.