New Job
I'm moving on, commuting to North Ryde every morning, starting in the next two to four weeks. That maternity leave replacement job has been turned into two jobs, with one of them for me. The offer came in around lunchtime, and I snapped it up.
Working at the Catholic Education Office was a good job, especially as it came just when I needed employment rather badly. They've always been supportive of me, especially during such periods as life was difficult, and I'm grateful to them. It turned a bit sour last year, when we abandoned the SQL database I was hired to install, and returned to an bit of 1980's legacy technology. But although I started my job search the moment that decision was made, it's taken all this time for someone to be willing to take a chance on me.
Bloody North Ryde, though. That's not going to be fun.
I'll be working
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Looks like kind of a haul. Is there anything interesting in the neighborhood?
Well, is it any worse of a commute than the early days Queens to downtown Manhattan? Anyway, congratulations on the job! Sounds like it will be a new adventure!
Nothing interesting within easy reach, although a franchise of my gym may be in walking distance and some shops are opening up across the road. Yeah, it's a worse trip than Queens, but prettier, as I'll get to cross the Harbour Bridge twice daily and there's a massive park nearby where I can go running.
Congratulations! Hard to believe it's prettier than Queens though.
I looked up the company. What it does is more or less a complete mystery to us but certainly sounds like the kind of stuff you love...whatever that is. after a while you can move closer if it all turns out well. Good luck!
It's a technology company. They make all kinds of consumer and commercial electronics, computers, t.v.'s, etc. And they have a consulting arm for software development & installations. 3000 people in Australia, so they're big, globally.
Post a Comment