Tracking
I suppose I ought to post my progress training for the marathon here, but it’s still early days. In fact, looking more carefully at my calendar, I discovered that I’m only now in Week One, so I’m a week ahead of schedule, having hewn to the Hal Higdon method’s recommended mileage last week. My clever little spreadsheet, which converts Hal’s mileage to kilometres, is apparently too clever by half, since I was recording distances covered last week in the next week’s row. Well, no harm in being more conditioned for the big day.
Which reminds me of something one of the other runners here said about days off: they’re “scheduled deconditioning” days. Makes being lazy sound better, doesn’t it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
As you get into it the rest days get really sweet. So do the cross-training days-- almost a rest by themselves, so that by low mileage Tuesday, and middle millage Wednesday you feel a little restless, and are raring to go.
Higdon's plan was the best systematic training plan I ever worked with. It's a little like Grampa Hercules and the Gravity Bitties. Don't make the mistake a lot of people do and neglect the rest, or overdo the miles. Neglect the taper at the end at your peril.
You'll thank Hal at the start, when you will feel completely ready, and at about mile 24, when you'll know you are going to make it.
This box will NOT stretch so forgive spelling errors. I can't proofread it.
Glad to hear you are back to running. Makes me think you must be pretty fit. Of course, it's winter there now, right? So there's no ice or snow factor for you but it still gets pretty cold I'm guessing.
Here the weather is low 80's which is perfect for my game and I'm loving it.
Maybe you should download Firefox. It's a better browser all up than Internet Explorer. Just google firefox and follow the download links.
Today is a cross-training day, so I'll do some weights training and then go for a swim. Yes, it's headed into winter, now, but the temperature's about 19 (i.e., 66).
Post a Comment