Prep Work
Well, that's the longest training run done now. From here on, it's tapering off, up until 21 September, when I'll run 10k further than I did today. I gotta say, my only hope at this point is that the taper does the job, resting me, but still keeping up whatever little stamina I've developed these last 15 weeks, because the 32k kicked my butt today. I took the Gu(tm) the Counselor thoughtfully shipped past Customs, one shot before I went out, one at about 10-15k, and another somewhere around the 20k mark (all distances are approximate, based on my vague recollection of where the markers fall while I'm drafting the route on Map My Run), but the first on-route shot fell short of helping within the next 5k covered, and I can only hope the last one was what enabled me to shuffle through the remainder of the run. By the time I was on the last 2k, I was thoroughly done in, unable to accomplish any chores, which will now all have to be done tomorrow, along with some swimming or bike-riding. Given how my back and neck were seizing up over the last 10k, maybe I should go for weights and push-ups and the other exercises the trainer I'd been working with over October-March set out for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
First...I am thrilled that the little comments box has suddenly become whole. No more do I have to trust that the words that run to the right side may or may not be spelled correctly.
We are eagerly looking forward to your race on the 28th. As I understand it, your 28th and ours are a day apart so we should look for you to be resting comfortably on your laurels by the time we get the results. Please, please, don't overdo! You are supposed to be doing this for fun!
21st, actually, which would still be the 20th for you. The race starts at around 7 am, so I'll be done around noon (depending on how crowded it is) or better (I should hope), which is probably the equivalent of past your bedtime, if I'm doing the math right, or nearly. By the time the results are available, I'll be resting on my laurels at work.
You have laurels at work? Cushy job!
Post a Comment