Day Three at the Open
29 degrees today, much more endurable, even if, after a set of Safin, we spent an hour or more waiting to get into Arena 2, where we would sit through two sets of women's singles just to catch the Williams sisters in a doubles match against a pair of Russians. Serena & Venus were dominant, if not dominating, but you can easily see how well they work together. It's a long day in the sun, though, and by the end of the day, there are so many layers of sunblock, you can't help feeling pretty grubby.
As I've mentioned, we're in Southbank, which is across the river from central Melbourne, but whether we head into town or stay on "our side", the city makes effective use of its riverfront. We'll see what else it's like, a little, tomorrow, travelling the circuit on the tram, but I'm already very intrigued at the idea of living and working here: what would it be like? How possible is it? I think, so far, Sydney's inner-west suburbs work better for me than trying anything similar here, but I do like this city.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment