So here we are: last long run of the training season done, at full volume, although, in fact, I've been tapering off for weeks now, having given myself time to recover from whatever virus laid me out prior to the City-to-Surf, and then recovery from that race, and the oddity of having found myself strangely less motivated, even in the face of the race a week from Sunday impending. So it's good to do 13K, if on the principle that on race-day I'll have the fitness to accomplish twice my training distance, and I did feel strong throughout. Luckily, there's a November race added to the calendar to motivate me past the running festival; just a 10K, but out at Olympic Park, which was where Nike put on a race one year that I would have like to have as a regular event. Too bad about that, but let's see how things go.
Here's another kind of taper.
Wrong kind.
2 comments:
Wrong one doesn't look too fast to me. Legs too short, I'm thinking.
I thuoght that was a Tapir. He probably has taper worms though.
Post a Comment