Round One Wrapped, Not Rapt
The Mighty Bunnies performed miserably today. I had to come home to watch the news just to validate I'd seen some of what happened out there. 36-10 is not a result anyone can be happy with, except the Roosters, of course, but the score only tells half the story. Souths went out and dropped the ball regularly and spectacularly, seemingly on every set. Passes were desperate and misguided. Meanwhile, Easts seemed to have an extra man on the field. Every pass they made, every off-load was picked up, as were all of our errors. Our side seemed mired and easily misdirected, leaving the opposition free reign over the field, regularly bringing the ball back to the try line with long, unopposed runs. Only desperate goal-line defense saved the score from being even worse. Russell Crowe's presence at past games has seemed to fire up the Rabbits, but not this time. I'd guess he's hoping for something requiring a distant location shoot soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment