Alpiney
I wouldn’t have believed it, if I hadn’t seen it in NSW over Christmas, but possible snow in Victoria – in summer still seems extreme.
As for the Americans missing on Kosciuszko, well, I suppose they must have taken a more adventurous pathway than the steel track we followed two weeks ago, but I won’t be surprised, after the various groups and individuals we saw departing the track for one reason or another (including contributing to the giardia problem, to discover that the well-trodden paths around there were abandoned for overconfident trekking. Luckily, there are no bears (but, sadly, no tigers, either).
09 January 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Didn't realize Australia had such rugged mountains. Lots and lots of empty land to get lost in but mountains??? And I bet no snow anywhere even in the Snowy Mountains at this time of year.
Check the pictures from my trip. There was leftover snow all over the place.
Plus: Summer snow!
Post a Comment