14 August 2012

Positioning
1:31:40 in this year's City2Surf.  That made me 33,533 overall, 21,853 among the men, and 1,739 in my age group.  Clearly there's an advantage to birthdays, but next year I swear I will not get injured. Something in my right calf went pop at about the 5k mark, something I thought I'd rested enough for two weeks prior, but not enough training and not enough recovery - and probably especially not enough return to conditioning thereafter - means the Run4Fun is more doubtful than not (although it is just a 10k), but there's probably time to prepare for next year's City2South, in Brisbane.  Since I've done the City2Sea in Melbourne, I really ought to do the Brisbane race, and the Canberra race, for that matter.  After all . . . - right? 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And Perth. Don't forget Perth.

Anonymous said...

Sorry it didn't go too well. Injuries do slow one down. You'll do better next time.

Sure you should do these other races. I know where Canberra is but where is Brisbane. I'll get out my map.

Will friend or friends be running in the fun race with you?