Meow
Don’t you just love Kitty Kelly? She dishes more and better dirt than anybody She did the royals; she did Sinatra. And now that she’s putting out a book on the Bush Dynasty, she’s even turning up timely dish, including the revelation that W.’s reformation has had its ups and downs over the years, more recently than he’d have had us believe, if any of us ever did. Or highs and lows, I guess that would be.
Look, I know it’s dirty pool to gossip or make unsubstantiated allegations; it’s sinking to their level. What’s that quote: If they stop telling lies about us, we’ll stop telling the truth about them? But I’m angry, and I think more of us should be angry. Remember Dean? Remember how angry he was? Not irrational, you know, just really mad at what Bush has done to this country and what the Democratic Party has failed to do to counter the damage. Last night on SBS I caught a bit of Insight, and part of the discussion was the tactic of getting a subject into the public discourse, regardless of its veracity or meaningfulness in the overall debate. This is something the Bush team does frequently, blatantly, and nobody in the mainstream bothers to call them on it. Yesterday, Cheney claimed that a vote for Kerry is a vote for the terrorists to bomb America. Before that, there were claims that Kerry’s service in Vietnam was a tissue of lies.
Don’t let them get away with it. It isn’t enough to vote in November, you need to talk to your friends, write to your newspapers, call in to talk radio, and spew. Let it out. Let’s hear about it: Bush’s substance abuse problem is a problem for America. Bush’s cowardice in the 70’s is a problem for America. Bush’s conduct in the “war on terror” is a problem for America. It’s a problem for the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment