This Is What VCR's Are for
That Australian Idol beat the first PM debate in the television ratings (but why are they "rating" the debates anyway?) probably isn't much of a surprise, but it is disappointing in that a conversation I was part of over the weekend included the expressed thought that the present span of voting-age generations is more actively engaged in politics than they have been in recent memory. This is evidently an over-estimation, especially when a colleague here at the office tells me he only saw 5 minutes of the debate because his daughter wanted to watch the nascent pop stars. Our household managed to watch both, technologically adept as we are, but I have to admit that Mark and John weren't nearly as entertaining as they might have been. Hardly Celebrity Death Match, the two sparred like kittens; neither inclined or able to land a telling blow against the other. Somehow Latham came out in the polls with a significant margin of "victory," but I didn't really see it that way myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment