24 May 2005

Ready to Rumble
Tonight we find out if M. advances to the next round in the filmmaking competition. She's been in lock-down for 24 hours already along with her fellow contestants in the final 10, sequestered in a hotel in Rushcutters Bay where the documentary part of Project Greenlight is underway. She and the producers and everyone's guests head over to Fox Studios for a screening of the 3-minute scenes of all the contestants, followed by the announcement of who goes on to the next round. If M. advances into the final 3, she stays in the hotel two more nights, interviewing with the producers (and apparently Pia Miranda and Sam Worthington, two fine Australian actors, who have joined the panel at this stage, presumably to provide their own perspective, although I tease M. that they're there because they've already been selected as the leads in her script). As much as I'm looking forward to tonight's "green carpet" event, the prospect of the announcement is a little nerve-wracking. M., of course, is suffering most from this, and as the only one of the two of us to have seen the other contestants' video bio's, perhaps more understanbly so. She tells me the quality and content of some of these far outshine her own, not that I believe it. Besides, it's more about the script, in the end, and hers is right up there on all the measures.

I'm saving my Donna Karan suit for the premiere in December.

No comments: