06 April 2006

The Damage Done
It was no surprise to me to hear that the jury came back finding that Zacarias Moussaoui was “eligible” for the death penalty, even after the government screw-up on the issue, but now that the decision is to be made, I am surprised that the judge has decided the jury should be able to hear the flight recorder tapes from flight 93, the September 11 plane that crashed in Pennsylvania, preventing it from becoming a fourth weapon in the hands of the hijacker terrorists. I haven’t heard any of the evidence and haven’t followed the case in the news closely, but is it that he’s been tried as a member of that particular team, that took over flight 93? Because that’s the only way I can see for those tapes and the transcript to be evidence. Otherwise it would have to be highly inflammatory and its admission into sentencing deliberations a cause for appeal.

No comments: