Subway Stars
Back in the '80's, there was a busker who roamed the NYC subways with his cat and a battered old saxaphone. "I'm the Man from Mars" he'd shout, "and this is Martian music." At which point he would begin to wail away on his sax, just blasting away without even the pretence of a tune. "I'll keep playing unless you give me money." And we'd all start digging out coins to get him to stop. He'd march off at the next station and reboard the train in the next car, where he would recommence his performance. I always admired the Man from Mars, although I wonder sometimes what his cat made of it all (I can't imagine it was enjoyable for it, either). Now I wonder if the Man from Mars made it to Leiden? Why not? If he made it to NYC from Mars, surely NYC to the Netherlands wouldn't be much of a trick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment