Damn Tourists
It all goes well so far, with Mom & Dad safely ensconsed just up the road and having a fine time. We've been walking them off their feet pretty much daily, sometimes letting them have a bus tour to let them rest a little. We hit the foreshore first, of course, and down through the Rocks, and later in the week joined them for a Hunter Valley vineyard trip that really was very good. You never know, but Boutique Wine Tours went to a couple of good wineries, from which I brought home a couple of bottles of chardonney (well, I am a leftie, after all) I'm looking forward to with relish. Today, Dad and I did the Bridge Climb, which, regardless of the price, every tourist to Sydney ought to do, and probably most Sydneysiders, for that matter. We'll send them down to Canberra, soon, on their own, and I know they'll enjoy it, but most importantly, they went to the Blue Mountains yesterday. Now, apparently, Blue Mountains Cultural Tours" are relatively new, but we chose them because Mom made the trip west last year and we thought something different from that tour would be a good idea, and these guys did the Jenolan Caves as well as the usual Three Sisters stuff. But now I can never allow them back in the country. I've been here four years, and they're in the country for four days when they see a platypus. I haven't seen one, and it's been a goal of mine from the day I first heard such creatures existed. It's just not fair. After they've gone, I'm going to have to head up to the Blue Lake and spend as long as it takes. I can't let them get away with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment