Connected
I bought a t.v. and DVR over the weekend, with the idea that I’d catch up on some quality viewing. What I’d forgotten is that there just isn’t any to speak of. Right now, it’s pretty much all about Big Brother, and who cares? These are all incredibly stupid, narcissistic wannabe’s behaving badly in enforced intimacy, occasionally required to participate in truly pointless and spiteful activities to garner the attention of a purportedly vast audience of viewers seduced into believing they are also participating in the show, although they’ll walk away at the end with nothing more than a significantly larger telephone bill than usual for any similar period of time while somebody else gets a car. Idiots.
I don’t get home in time even to enjoy a nice Simpson’s re-run, thank God.
Also, I opted for the 61cm screen, instead of the 48cm, or whatever, and really regret that. It looked a lot smaller in the store. Stuck in the space under the stairs, it’s truly immense, and I have to sit on the other side of the room in order to see it, or wear reading glasses. I guess it’s not just ceiling heights that affect how we live, but every element of room size, including the stuff we jam into them.
Look, I bought the damn thing for the DVR, mostly. There are a large number of movies I’d like to see that I missed in the theatres, for a variety of reasons, so now I’ll watch them. I’m debating over The Departed vs. the Kill Bill’s first. Yes, it goes that far back, maybe further. In fact, yes, further. Plus, when there’s stuff on late, I can whack a disc in and program to record whatever old movie or late-night U.S. show, like Bernie Mac, I’ve been missing. If I got Foxtel (never; no Murdoch anything in my house), I could even watch baseball again. I’ll leave that as an excuse to go to the pub.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment