Racing
Yesterday's 23k felt o.k., and that may have been helped by the contribution of a case of Gu(tm) from the Counsellor. It couldn't have hurt. I'll carry some with me for the remainder of the training, especially next Saturday's 32k, the longest training run of all. I'll probably carry some on the day, too, just in case they're not handing it out with sufficient frequency to support my caloric requirements to complete the race.
Meanwhile, speaking of races, did Obama really choose Biden? I mean, not to be unduly rude, but WTF? It's better than Gore's Lieberman choice, but, still. It's a little Bush-istic, isn't it? Picking the old guy to add gravitas/experience? I'd have been happier with Richardson. I'll admit, Biden plays well on the news here, asking the hard, pointed questions. That can't hurt. Anyway, Democrats, go figure.
24 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
One before you start, after you have had the bagel or whatever you eat before you run. One every 45 minutes to an hour thereafter. Looks like they have "Energy Stations" at 24k, 28k, 33k, and 37k on the course, but you may want to carry a couple anyway-- I'd want one at the 10k or 15k point, and you just know that the Gu at the stations is going to be nanner flavor.
Or worse. If there is a worse.
Oh, dang! I wrote this long comment on stuff and then I think I forgot to push the leave comment but and now I'm not sure what I commented upon.
Did I mention somewhere that Biden was Dad's pick for Pres at the start of the Primaries?
Actually, in light of all the bellicose crap the present admin is still stirring up (and I suspect McCain likes that stuff, too), I think Biden may turn out to be a voice of sanity as we march on picking fights with nuclear powers such as Pakistan, Russia and Iran.
Stupid and scary but Biden MAY have better ideas. I certainly doubt that Mrs. Palen will.
Post a Comment