Exhibitionism
I sometimes encounter sights truly sublime or delightfully ridiculous, for which I should be at all times possessed of a camera - maybe, like photojournalists of old, two or three camera bodies and a variety of lenses, so as to make best use of film speeds, color versus black-and-white, lens choices. I have a point-and-shoot, however, and an SLR the light meter of which is broken (plus it’s otherwise completely manual, and I have trouble remembering which way to go with f-stops). I’ve brought the camera to work with me and have snapped off a few shots. This morning the sky was a deep indigo, satellites still visible above, houses and trees just sufficiently lit by the minimal street lighting to be silhouettes. Here at Olympic Park, a ferris wheel, stripped of its gondolas, stands in a parking lot, framed by the hushed athletics venues, nearly invisible in the bright, white light of Sydney’s sun. But even the shots that do come out well are not so easily shared anymore, being out of reach of Snapfish (a service I recommend) as well as being at a postal remove from my family that pretty much precludes using the mail to distribute the images I capture. I suppose someday I’ll break down and buy into Blogger Pro™, but that will have to wait until the mortgage has been reduced a bit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment