Knee Bends
I read in the Wall Street Journal at least 10 years ago a column deriding the benefits of stretching, and it appears that opinion piece has been borne out. As a weekend runner at best, I’ve always found it difficult to get up and on the street for some miles (kilometres, here), and one of my strategies when I first took up the sport again was to eliminate the preliminaries: no stretching. I found initially that I was spending fifteen minutes or more going through a battery of exercises before I ever left the apartment, and while the extra time spend in physical exertion might have been beneficial, it wasn’t the kind I enjoyed; so I quit, and went straight out running. Now if I could haul my butt out of bed 30 minutes earlier of a morning, I could actually do some of the running.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment