21 January 2005

Self-Referential Medium
‘Blogging’s fun. No, I mean it; I really enjoy this – the technical stuff not so much, maybe, but writing every day, trying to be clever, to be up-to-date, to release information into the wild for others to enjoy, to keep up with friends and family. But it is really only about me, in the end, regardless of the subject of any one post or set, and that’s largely true of most other ‘blogs. So I don’t think I’ll be attending Blog Talk Downunder, particularly as the topics to be presented in the papers they’re calling for don’t have much appeal. Perhaps that’s unimaginative. I do this from the office enough that I ought to be considering ways of doing it for a living, right? The hotel they’re booking for visitors, however, is just around the corner, so I’ll have to keep an eye out for social events to hobnob with my brother and sister ‘bloggers. Maybe I’ll do a education-themed paper on the use of apostrophes in weblogs.

No comments: