Underway
Back at work now, which, despite ADSL at home, makes it easier somehow to post entries - bad, I know, stealing time from my employer, but I make it up to them - so it feels like the new year is well and truly started, although that won't really be true until I stop writing "2004" instead of "2005" on checks, letters, memos, et al. We didn't make it to the beach over the holidays break, but we did manage to see The Incredibles, which has got to be one of the most enjoyable films I've seen in a long time. Yes, better than the grown-up movies, even, if only because it's so well-rounded. Craig T. Nelson was good, which was a surprise, because I've never liked him, and Holly Hunter was disconcerting at first, but proved excellent. Sarah Vowell, of NPR, did the voice of the daughter. I've never heard her radio show, but she hit all the right whiny notes, showing an excellent feel for the character. And Wallace Shawn should be in every movie, even if it is only a bit part. We also got I, Robot out on DVD, and Hellboy, both of which were very good, each in its own way. Of course, having had this boy-movie festival (while the nephews were over, providing me an excellent excuse), I'm now committed to seeing something more age-group oriented. I'm sure something will turn up eventually that isn't a costume piece or throwback to the Rock Hudson-Doris Day era.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment