30 June 2005

Recommendations
While I’m at it, trying to generate a cent or two from spending my time on weblogging, I’ve signed up as a Barnes & Noble affiliate. Now, I really like Amazon’s wishlist feature, and I put stuff up there that I want to keep track of, but they give most of their political donations to the Republicans, so I can’t in good conscience spend my money there buying books online. Instead, when I link to books, I’ll use a B&N link, and if anyone actually uses that to buy something, not only will a company that supports Democrats be rewarded, so will I, and everyone – assuming you like the book you buy – will be happy. If B&N put up a wishlist, I’ll move over there entirely; otherwise, if you wanna know what I’d like for Christmas, let me know, and I’ll add you to the wishlist list. (I got the idea from Rebecca Blood, who’s an Amazon Associate, and was recently discussing disclosure issues.)

No comments: