Dullness and Depression
Not working has got to be the most consistently dull situation of all. A boring job would be less dull than the tediousness of looking at the same jobs advertised week after week after day after day, not to mention the depression of not getting any of them (sorry, so many candidates - and you're not one of them). Sure, I could sit around and watch t.v. all day; I could even watch endless videos if I had the income to support the rental volume required. I am reading "Look Homeward, Angel," and that will take up a bit of intellectual effort and the time dripping through my fingers, but I think more is needed for a fulfilling life than catching up on re-reading my entire library. Unfortunately, blogging doesn't seem to pay (not that I have a large enough audience to even warrant sticking a Paypal account link here). Perhaps I should learn a musical instrument. Recorders are probably pretty inexpensive. Twinkle, twinkle, little bat . . . now I know I'm losing it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment