Laid Off, Laid Out, Lay About
While the job search continues (if not apace or aplenty, it is yet afoot), M. and I spent last week down with more ‘flu than seems absolutely necessary, so when we could muster the strength to do so, we’d gather a few videos in and spend our sick time on a film festival of sorts: Zelig plus Sweet and Lowdown, both of which I’ve seen (S&L with M.), but which share the false documentary stylings of Woody Allen, which can be entertaining indeed and which I think make S&L a better movie than it would have been otherwise. We also watched Punch Drunk Love, the touted Paul Thomas Anderson movie with Adam Sandler. I think it was touted because Sandler’s movies are usually unwatchable and the role was a significant departure for him – call it the Jim Carrey/Truman Show effect. PDL was very pretty, even poetic, but not a great filmic experience.
Now that M. & I are back on our feet, time is spent in productive pursuits – at least from an income perspective, we hope so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment