Art and the Built Environment
Last night we attended the opening of a new media art installations show, Spikes, which is meant to explore the relationships between humankind, technology, and the environment. Our friend Astrid Spielman was one of the artists, with two installations, and as has been my experience, hers were the centerpieces, even if the weather didn’t cooperate with the one projected on the university tower. That projection, of a life-size tree growing in the Tarquin Forest of Tasmania, is the kind of installation art I particularly enjoy: it engages its audience, offering participation without requiring it. We’ll have to go back when the rain clears off, but it’s only there for a week. We also scored one of the show posters, very high quality, and I’ll have to see about having it signed before we frame it. Now what I’d really like is an Astrid Spielman solo show.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment