Gallery Hopping
We had a weekend of entertainment, high and low, just finished, having attended Spiderman 2, which was exactly as entertaining as it’s supposed to be, so long as you like your superheroes angst-ridden (which is, of course, exactly the preference, more and more, since 1961). We also went over to the Tin Sheds Gallery to see Astrid Spielman’s solo exhibition, “Thinking of Venice,” a presentation of digital videos. Astrid, a good friend, is also an accomplished artist, and while video, digital or otherwise, presents certain inherent categorizational problems, her pieces in this show display a remarkable range, in themselves and in Astrid’s abilities with video as a medium and within that her adept manipulation of time, space, sound, and color. I’m a bit disappointed that I hadn’t seen a write-up over at Art Life, but I also don’t suppose they can find their way to everything. Perhaps video isn’t in their critical range. Maybe they just missed it. I’m very pleased that we didn’t.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment