New Economic Theories
I'd thought this bill was dead, but George II has kept it alive, and now overtime is at risk for thousands upon thousands of U.S. workers. I've never made a dime in overtime pay in my entire working life, although many's been the times I'd have liked the dough, but that's just me. Working America, a lobbying group formed with the AFL-CIO to combat Bush's legislation, has a little on-line test to see if you might be affected by these new rules - but don't bother actually taking it; it's a gimmick (all the "Yes" responses will trigger the result that your pay is at risk). If I hadn't already been classifiable as a "professional" according to Department of Labor standards, I would now. There are benefits to living in Australia, it seems, at least in that the organized labor movement here has yet to have all its hard-won rights and benefits gutted by the federal government, as the usurper is intent upon doing back home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment