07 July 2004

Australian Tax Dollars at Work
The National Public Toilet map: interactive, inaccurate (NSW Police Headquarters is missing, for one thing), and by the time you’ve found what you’re looking for, it’s too late. Besides, who’s going to load this onto their Palm™?

On a completely unrelated topic, except that it's in the title of the post, I usually find articles highlighting government waste to be mean-spirited and often just missing the point completely. "Your tax dollars at work" is a phrase meant to elicit outraged reader response to the costs of housing refugee families and so forth. "Look at how much his cost you" the articles claim, but it they had to provide a true balance sheet of the price tag quoted, I think you'd see the dollars dwindle. I promise only to make fun of government expenditures if I think they didn't do a good job. Like on-line toilet maps that don't have a search feature.

No comments: