Blogfight!
The Washington Post’s Jennifer Howard takes on the Arts Journal’s Terry Teachout, who, of course, returns the favor. Is this about who’s a ‘blogger and who ain’t? Yeah, it is a little close in here, and maybe I shouldn’t be so pleased when I get noticed by the bigger players. Frankly, given that most of the hits here are the result of either people looking for song lyrics (please search using “lyrics,” not “words”) or puzzles (we’re number one!), I do sometimes feel like a neglected puppy: every pat is worth a million. That overstates the case. I have no delusions I’m ever going to get paid to do this. Jenniferhoward.com isn’t a weblog, and her WP column doesn’t even have hyperlinks, so maybe her dissatisfaction has at its root the same kind of complaint she has for the webloggers she claims are slagging the NY Times’s Laura Miller, where what’s being criticized isn’t the content but the kind of media participation elected. If the popular kids on weblogs are picking on the established media types too much, is Ms. Howard now turning the tables on them? Well, it’s all taken in good fun over at About Last Night, even if I don’t usually count on-line media columns as ‘blogs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment