06 December 2004

Mountain Greenery
So we were up in the mountains, as the Laurie Anderson piece starts, but we don’t go on from there in the same vein. Instead, we were visiting Katoomba, meeting with friends there and having a relaxing weekend away in the Blue Mountains. We overnighted at the Carrington, a kind of Overlook Hotel, but without the ghosts, and had a nice look around, including, naturally the Three Sisters, a natural feature of the landscape I can’t seem to stay away from – this is the third time for me.
Sisters
I’m going to have to see a bit more of the local natural wonders eventually, but I’m not going to kick about it. In fact, although the Catskills might be the most easily comparable location in the States, it seems quite pleasant indeed up there. That might be less true during fire season, and winter gets a little chilly, no doubt, but I like that. Certainly, it would be quiet, and it’s always very green and restful. I should stop thinking of retirement now, though, and get back to work.

No comments: