Work or Stay Home
I’ve seen the ACTU ads where the woman is called in to work and threatened with dismissal when she asks, “what about my kids?” I know the ads are meant to do exactly what ads usually do: manipulate my thinking over Howard’s industrial relations changes. (He calls them “reforms,” but I’m not falling for that. I’ve worked in human resources long enough to understand what he’s really selling.) Now, after the unions’ ads, the government has pitched in their own sell, with full-page advertisements in the major papers extolling the benefits and attempting to refute the claims made against their proposals. If you’ve been willing to buy the Howard line all along, or got your back up against the unions’ claims, or just don’t know what to think anymore, Ross Gitins has a handy analysis of the current state of the argument that’s worth a look. Before you sit back and let Howard’s newly increased majority go to his head, have a look. You may not suffer, but others will, and your turn may come before you know it. Block Howard’s Industrial Relations Reform.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment