23 March 2007

Edwards
It’s almost awe-inspiring, that John Edwards will continue his Presidential campaign in the face of his wife’s diagnosis, mostly for the determination exhibited by Mrs. Edwards, as well as the dedication of Mr. Edwards himself, both to his wife and to his goal. (Some would say “ambition,” but I actually believe he means his campaign to be about policy, about making the country a better place, rather than just some desire for power, and I see the changes he proposes as positive and progressive, rather than the regressive Reaganomic revisionism of the man he’d replace.) I tagged Mr. Edwards as a “twitterer” to follow before I heard the news, just because his take-up of new internet communications strategies struck me as appealing, and I suppose now it can be a method of personal support. The health dramas of last year in my household leave me more than a little sympathetic to what they’ll be going through.

No comments: