Socialists
I went to the Sydney weblogger meet-up tonight, at the Art House Hotel, a pretentious little CBD watering hole, but never did find the group. I didn't see anyone I recognized - not that I expected to, given that the last one I attended was at least two months ago - and didn't see any evidence of the plush toy meant to be displayed for attendees to locate the group. It was a big place, although not very crowded, but I just don't know if going to something like this is ever going to do me enough good to bother about in the future. From the last group, these are not people who could provide much professional benefit, so it's all down to just being sociable. Frankly, I don't see forcing myself into such situations. Finding myself in one and being friendly is one thing, but this just feels like I'm being intrusive. Well, I'll try once more; I was early tonight, so maybe nobody was there before I left. In the end, I can stick to the Democrats (although they're not really radical enough to suit me).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Aw, if I'd nown such things existed, I would have come for a drink with you. But I didn't. Which shows what a rank amateur I am :)
I meant known. Amateur status extends to speling inkorektly.
Sorry you missed us, Greg. We were upstairs from 7pm (as advertised) until about 7.25pm, when we were relocated to the lower level, just to the right after entering from street level. The ArtHouse staff found us a bigger, more comfortable niche downstairs because someone had already commandeered the alcove we'd used last month.
The pig mascot had pride of place, we were all wearing nametags, and Sara had even listed her mobile number on the site. Other than erecting a huge geeky banner, I don't know what else we could have done.
Hi Greg, I met you at the second gathering back in January. Sorry that you didn't find us. I must have arrived while the group was in transit (apparently at management's request) from the upstairs bar to the niche just inside the front door at street level. I had ended up walking around for ten minutes (that place is huge!) before I found the group tho. Hopefully see you the next time? :)
Name tags, huh? No, I missed those, too. It must have been that I spent too much time downstairs initially and then missed the move from upstairs when I took a phone call, after which, I looked upstairs. Well, it was a good night for a cold beer, so I got that much out of it.
Post a Comment