Perils, Part Two
First thing this morning, after a quick stop at the supermarket for some essentials - cat litter, mostly - I headed off to start looking at properties. Although I've thought that I have no good reason to reveal to anyone that I have cats, and thereby to increase the pool of housing available to review, i.e., by including apartment blocks, where strata title committees, as well as individual flat owners, frown upon pets, I focussed today on houses. The first was just a few streets away and it was terrific. I don't think my sofa would fit through the door, but around the back, on the lane way, was a roll-up shutter forming the car park. The owners have elected to pave the entirety of the back garden, and also to seal it off with corrugated plastic roofing, and all I could think was, well, but the sofa out here, wrapped in plastic, until you find a place to buy again, and throw a sheet over it: this place would be perfect for a man with two cats more active than he is. Nevertheless, I proceeded out to Newtown to review small terraces out that way.
Again, none of them will accomodate the sofa unless I can find a way to take it apart and put it back together again, probably by some form of molecular transportation, like on Star Trek. Absent that technology, I'll have to sell it or leave it on the porch to get ruined in the first good rain. Still, only one of the terraces actually had a rising damp problem, unsuccessfully masked by new carpets (it also had the television aerial cable in the kitchen, oddly enough). But that first place was too good.
Of course, putting down an application is one thing, but until the 5-day cooling-off period is over, on Wednesday, I don't dare commit any money, because it would be forfeit if I had to pull out. Monday may be soon enough for paperwork, so long as I can wait until Thursday to start spending the big bucks.
03 March 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment