Transitions
And there you have it: ballot cast. The NSW election results will be interesting, but at the moment, I don't have a television, so it'll have to wait until the papers come out in the morning, before I know what's happened. I'm not completely sure I figured it out: two sheets of paper: one massive, one very small - handbill-size. The former the State ballot, the latter the city ballot, I guess. I should have asked, but instead just followed the basic directions for assigning preferences and threw them in.
Preferences: now that's an interesting thing. After the 2000 debacle in the U.S. there was a lot of talk about Electoral College reform, and often the idea of voting preferences came into it. I like the idea, and, especially in my Sydney vote, saw it as a way of registering a positive vote both for my preferred candidate and for a better result if my first choice didn't win. On the State ballot, however, I was flummoxed: vote the party or vote around them? In the end, I elected to assign my full vote to one party, as I expect many others will have done.
In the end, I marked it down as "practice" towards the next Federal election.
(Meanwhile, I've also largely finished packing, and the move happens next Saturday. It's all more chaotic than it ought to be, and unpacking will be a trial to last several weeks, especially as it will require a trip to Ikea as soon as, in order to achieve sufficient bookcase capacity. Really, I ought to have an estate sale pre-estate, at least of the LP's, even if they are, many of them, Held in Trust, for brother T.)
24 March 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Some are mine, too. The Grin sides, for example.
I still have a few of your mixed cassette tapes. I guess that's all I can claim. Still good listening.
Post a Comment