07 March 2007

Relocation
We got the word today: our real estate agent has been given the deposit check and authorization to put in the bank, so the sale is on. All that’s left is to finish packing, hire a mover, schedule the settlement date, sign the papers, and walk away. Not necessarily in quite that order. Oh, and find a place to live.

That latter part, however, appears now to have been done. I’m moving a few suburbs west, to Camperdown (sounds like a Boy Scout emergency call, doesn’t it?), assuming my application clears its final hurdles, which shouldn’t be a problem. Of course, there’s also changing my address details with all and sundry, most especially for magazine subscriptions, cancelling or transferring various utilities, and so forth. All in about three weeks. Normally, these things are done in 5 to 6 weeks, but our buyers want to move fast, and I’m just as happy to let them.

The new place will have a small back garden, which I’ll have to “improve” a little bit for the cats (see previous post). But it’s really nice. I just hope the massive sofa will fit through the door.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

EMERGENCY EMERGENCY!!

Camper Down!

Greg said...

Apply a tourniquet! Rub two sticks together! Improvise a lean-to!